Barry Reese

Pulp Writer Extraordinaire

awardIt’s Wednesday, the midpoint of the week, and I’m proud to show you a picture of the plaque given by the New Pulp Awards in recognition of Gravedigger being voted Best New Character. I really do appreciate everyone who voted for this — when I created Gravedigger, I felt like I had really stumbled upon something special and I’m glad that so many who read the first volume seemed to agree. Later this year you’ll get to see the sequel and eventually you’ll be able to watch as Charity Grace takes part in the big crossover novel, Götterdämmerung.

Speaking of which, I’m over 22,000 words into the story so we’re moving forward at a good clip.

Coming soon will be announcements about a project I did for Radio Archives and also something really fun that’s brewing at Pro Se Press. I think people will be really intrigued by that latter one as it ties into the shared universe I have and, in some important ways, is tied to the crossover novel.

I’m such a tease, aren’t I?

It’s been awhile since we had a guest contributor to the blog so I’m going to be seeing if I can recruit someone to do a new one soon. Any requests in terms of people or topics?

Hope everyone has a wonderful day out there — and if things get too tense for you, sneak away and grab a good book. Escapism isn’t a dirty word at all, my friends.

9 thoughts on “Best New Character!

1. Brandon says:

As far as the guest blogger, how about Derrick Ferguson

1. Lewis Martin says:

I vote for Derrick as well. And I think you truly do have something in Gravedigger as well!

1. Derrick says:

Gimme a topic and I’ll see what I can come up with.

2. I usually let folks write about whatever floats their boat, D — maybe your favorite pulp-influenced films? Just an idea

3. Derrick says:

Got an idea…I’m going to talk about three pulp influenced films that most people wouldn’t even think of when you mention pulp. Look for it in a day or so.

2. Derrick says:

What would you like me to talk about?

2. P Casey says:

A guest blog by an art editor or artist who has worked on your books would be keen. Discribing the process of how the interior art & cover concepts are developed & accomplished.

3. P Casey says:

Congratulations on win! Can’t wait to read Gravedigger vol. 2.