1) This list only tracks sales through AMAZON. It does not keep track of sales through Barnes and Noble, face-to-face or anything else!
2) This list only tracks PRINT sales. We do not currently track e-books. Exactly how Amazon calculates these things is mostly a trade secret and they vary wildly from day to day. If I checked this tomorrow, the list could be very different. This list reflects sales ranks as of Monday morning December 24, 2012.
3) In order to keep the focus on new releases, eligible works must have been published within four months of the current date. So, since this list is being done in December 2012, I’m only looking at books published since September 2012. Please keep that in mind before complaining that Title X is not listed. Also, keep in mind that for the most part, I’m tracking sales from smaller press publishers who actively publishing New Pulp material. I don’t generally track sales from Simon and Schuster or places like that — they have the New York Times Bestseller List for that. If one of the major publishers starts doing The Shadow or something, I’ll track that… but I’m not tracking Hard Case Crime or similar publishers any longer. The playing field is simply not level enough.
4) I am no longer tracking pre-release orders. Some publishers never actually release their books and when they do, it’s months after they were supposed to be released. Everything listed in the Top Ten is currently for sale.
5) Like the name suggests, we’re tracking “New” pulp — I’m not tracking sales rankings for reprints of classic material. In order for something to qualify for this list, it has to be at least 50% new material that has not been printed in book form before.
6) I am human. I make mistakes. If you are aware of a title that should be listed below (keeping in mind all the rules above), please let me know and I will make sure to remedy the situation.
7) I get most of my information from All Pulp, New Pulp, the Pulp Factory mailing list and a few other sites. If you think I might miss your release, let me know in advance — drop me a line and tell me when it’s being released.
Without further ado, here’s the completely and totally unofficial New Pulp bestseller list as of right now (title, then publisher, then release date, then sales rank):
1) Sentinels: Metalgod by Van Plexico (White Rocket Books, December 2012) – 142,343
2) Doc Savage: Death’s Dark Domain by Will Murray (Altus Press, September 2012) – 242,911
3) Prohibition by Terrence McCauley (Airship 27, December 2012) – 311,087
4) Pro Se Presents # 15 by Various (Pro Se Press, November 2012) – 569,273
5) The Spider: Shadow of Evil by C.J. Henderson and J. Anthony Kosar (Moonstone Books, October 2012) – 589,952
6) The Golden Age by Jeff Deischer (White Rocket Books, October 2012) – 620,860
7) Sha’Daa: Pawns (Volume 3) by Various (Perseid Publishing, October 2012) – 1,329,848
8 ) Monster Aces by Various (Pro Se Press, October 2012) – 1,409,707
9) Secret Agent “X” – Volume Four by Various (Airship 27, October 2012) – 1,546,298
10) Doc Claus by Various (Pulp Empire, December 2012) – 1,719,223
Just missing the list were: Pro Se Presents # 14 by Various (Pro Se Press, October 2012) – 1,765,917, The Spur: Loki’s Rock by Mark Ellis (Fortuna Books, September 2012) – 1,973,242, Horror Heroes by Various (Pulp Empire, October 2012) – 2,174,994, Mystery Men (& Women) Volume Three by Various (Airship 27, November 2012) – 2,293,426 and Three Against the Stars by Joe Bonadonna (Airship 27, November 2012) – 2,714,022.
A very nice Christmas present for White Rocket Books, which snags the # 1 spot with its long-running Sentinels series. Last week’s # 1 tumbles a bit to the fourth spot while Airship 27’s newest, Prohibition, debuts at # 3. The rest of the list looks a good bit like it did last week, though we see Doc Savage fight his way back up to # 2 while Santa slips a bit to # 10.
From a publisher standpoint, we have seven publishers represented. Airship 27, Pro Se and White Rocket Books have two titles each, while Pulp Empire, Perseid, Moonstone and Altus have one each.
Take it all with a grain of salt, folks.
An Outrageous, Egregious, Preposterous, take on the legal issues of Seinfeld
The Official Website of John F. Allen writer.
brought to you by a fake writer
The Future of Pop Culture Writing
What's your distraction?
Old Movies. Fresh Takes.
We love comics.
Singing the praises of things that slip through the cultural cracks
Comic book and movie reviews!
Marvel and DC comics and community
Horror, Science Fiction, Comic Books and More
Fantasy and film reference writer.
Library of the Odd, the Obscure, and the Occult
Scribbler & Scholar
Art and Books
Pro Advice For Freelance Writers
Adam West’s Updates
"I'm a whole lot better and a whole lot worse than you think I am."-The Choir
Once a foster child, Always a foster child
Fantasy and Science Fiction Book Reviews and Discussions
T.V/Movie News & Reviews
This WordPress.com site is the bee's knees
The latest news on WordPress.com and the WordPress community.
"Find what you love and let it kill you." – Charles Bukowski
The Fantastic and Mundane Chronicles of an Aspiring Writer
1939 Dodge D11 Deluxe Luxury Liner
Defending the planet from bad science fiction
Movie critiques by a popcorn enthusiast
Writing is human communication tool and it brings out the real personality in you as a person.
Fresh takes on retro pop culture
I am the mistress of this blog and this is where I channel my inner domestic goddess
The collective writings and thoughts of that guy in the site title.
News, reviews, and commentary about superhero prose fiction
Geeky News, Reviews and Rants from a Working Class Super-Villain
A daily selection of the best content published on WordPress, collected for you by humans who love to read.
Worlds and ideas from my mind
Speculative Fiction Book Reviews and Sundry
A blog about the writer of THE NIGHT LAND and HOUSE ON THE BORDERLAND
Magazine of Thrilling Adventure and Daring Suspense
4 out of 5 dentists recommend this WordPress.com site